Yarn Wrapped Letter Christmas Ornament

by ilene on December 14, 2011 · 9 comments

in christmas, holidays, tutorial

(Hey guys! I’m on a flight to Taiwan right now!! I can’t wait to see my hubby! I haven’t seen Jeff in over 1.5 weeks, this is the longest we have been apart since we got married!)

It’s the most wonderful time of the year! I saw an ornament similar to this at Anthropologie a few years ago and I thought “I could totally make that!!”  It took me two years but I finally got around to it! It was super quick, easy and cheap- my favorite type of craft!  It only cost me $1!  All you need is some yarn (which I had lying around from a gray scarf that I abandoned knitting), a letter chipboard (bought at Hobby Lobby last year for $1) and some tacky glue:

All I did was dab a little glue onto the chip board and wrap the yarn all around the letter:

It’s easiest to work in small sections. Wind the yarn pretty tightly so that it covers the surface nice and snug. Then I dug up this small brass button from my button stash and hot glued a loop of yarn at the top:

Easy peasy! And no need to spend $20 on a store bought ornament!

{ 9 comments }

1 cravesadventure December 14, 2011 at 1:37 pm

Safe Travels! Love your creativity for an ornament – thanks for sharing.

2 Tute-Bot (@tutebot) December 14, 2011 at 1:38 pm

This is a great idea! It would be cute to spell something out on the tree.

3 Kirsten B. December 14, 2011 at 3:53 pm

Love it! So easy and so cute!

4 Snob on a Budget December 14, 2011 at 5:34 pm

Love it! My husband and I are making a ton of ornaments this year and I think we will add this to the list! I will post pics of ours on my blog and credit you. 🙂

5 Jill December 16, 2011 at 5:55 am

Oh I like this!!

6 Allyson December 16, 2011 at 4:23 pm

so adorable!!

7 Karin @ madebyk January 9, 2012 at 3:37 pm

Very nicely done. January doesn’t seem like the best time to be making Christmas ornaments, but I do want to give these a try!

8 Allonixtheott January 15, 2013 at 3:27 pm

Often called shoe lifts or shoe inserts, these inserts can be made from a selection of materials such as flexible plastic, difficult foam, or a mixture of the two materials
shoe lifts

9 Allonixtheott February 15, 2013 at 4:15 am

I was reading a national newspaper when the answer hit me, inside the paper was a classified adverts section and correct in the top from the page was a small advertisment, extolling the virtues of a great height and offering to give the reader that additional height by means of a miracle new item, heel Lifts !!I was delighted, right here was a chance to order heel Lifts through the post, have them delivered to my door, inside a plain brown package, no need for a traumatic trip to the nearby shops, no require for any embarrassment while asking a stunning shop girl exactly where the heel Lifts had been shelved

Comments on this entry are closed.