A New Addition to Our Christmas Ornament Collection

by ilene on December 23, 2011 · 6 comments

in christmas, holidays

Jeff and I collect Christmas ornaments where ever we travel, its kinda our thing. With all our travels in 2011, we’ve accumulated quite a stash from this past year alone! I think it’ll be fun years down the road when we can decorate a Christmas tree full of ornaments that we’ve gathered from our trips all around the world. It’ll be like a walk down memory lane when we pull out the ornaments every December and reminisce about where we got each one. Typically though, when we go on our trips, we forget to buy an ornament and then we are stuck frantically trying to buy something at the airport souvenir shop with the remaining foreign coins we have left. We’ve got some pretty ugly ones because of our last minute scrambles! And it can be challenging to hunt down a Christmas ornament in Tahiti in the middle of August!

Our newest ornament is this beauty that I got commemorating our move to San Francisco this year!

The back of the ornament:

We also have a cable car ornament that we got years ago when we came to visit San Francisco together for the first time. Who knew back then that we would actually be living here!!

We just got back from Asia yesterday. We got one night to sleep in our own bed, do laundry and open up the pile of Christmas cards that had accumulated in our mailbox over the last week. (I squealed over every card we got!) Today, we fly off to Mexico to celebrate Christmas with my family. If I don’t make it back online next week, I hope you all have a very holly jolly Merry Christmas!!

1 cravesadventure December 23, 2011 at 11:32 am

Love It! Have a Great Holiday:)

2 Evie December 23, 2011 at 12:36 pm

Santi & I started our own tradition of exchanging Christmas ornaments each year. We try to pick out ornaments that will remind us of memories in our marriage, including places we’ve visited together! We imagine that year after year as we put more ornaments on the tree, it will help us reflect on all that we’ve shared together :) Friends that know of our tradition have started to give us ornament gifts too, so every year it’s fun to put up our tree! Do you know how to make/decorate ornaments ilene? I’d love to learn how to do that one day too to make them even more personal! :) Merry Christmas to you and Jeff! San Francisco is such a beautiful city and one of my favorite U.S. cities!

3 ilene December 23, 2011 at 9:12 pm

Hey evi!! That is a great tradition!! You and Santi always have the best ideas. Merry Christmas to you guys!

- ilene :)

4 Nikki Santos December 10, 2014 at 8:18 pm

Hi!

I’ve been looking for a San Francisco ornament and this one is definitely the one that’s totally like how I imagined! I live in San Francisco and would love to give this to a special friend. Where is it from and would I still be able to find it somewhere?

I hope to hear from you soon!

Thanks,
Nikki

5 ilene December 15, 2014 at 8:25 pm

Hi Nikki! I got it from Lola in North Beach! I don’t see it on their website but check their store. http://www.lolaofnorthbeach.com

6 Anonymous December 17, 2014 at 11:43 pm

Thanks for getting back to me, I really appreciate it! Hopefully I can track it down somewhere!

Thanks again! Happy Holidays!