I hope everyone had a great Valentine’s Day! Jeff frequently has to work late unexpectantly, and that was the case for this past Tuesday, so we are celebrating tonight instead. He’s making his special Valentine’s filet mignon (this will be the 5th year in a row!) and I made some homemade froyo. Hooray for dinner with the hubs!!
I baked Jeff some brownies in it and realized if I cut up the brownies in 6 equal parts, they make cute hearts!!!
My favorite brownie recipe is this one from Allrecipes.com. I was so happy when I found this recipe because its super easy, almost as easy as using pre-made brownie mix. I like my brownies chewy around the edges and a little gooey in the middle and this is my favorite recipe. (Recipe copied and pasted at the bottom of this post.)
Aren’t the hearts so cute?
I also had some left over brownie batter so I filled up some of the mini silicone heart cups I got in Japan, too:
chocolate+ hearts+ dessert= happy tummy!!
Don’t forget to enter the $50 gift certificate to Haute Republic!!
MMM Brownies Recipe from Allrecipes.com
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease an 8×8 inch square pan.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, butter and water. Cook over medium heat until boiling. Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips until melted and smooth. Mix in the eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; stir into the chocolate mixture. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until brownies set up. Do not overbake! Cool in pan and cut into squares.