I’m Loving: Cadbury Mini Eggs

by ilene on March 23, 2012 · 8 comments

in holidays, Uncategorized

Happy Spring, everyone!! It seems like people all over the country have been enjoying warm weather the past few days!  (Everyone, except for those of us that live in San Fran!)   I’m so happy its finally spring time!!  One of the things that I look forward to the most this time of year is buying Cadbury mini eggs!!  These little bite-sized pieces of chocolate are my favorite!  They only hit the stores once a year around Easter time and I get giddy with excitement whenever I get my hands on my first bag of the year.  Growing up, I loved the big caramel Cadbury eggs, but nowadays the mini little ones with the crunchy shell have me hooked. I can’t stop eating them!  There are all these knock-off brands, but Cadbury is the best.  In theory, they are kind of like giant egg-shaped M&Ms but I don’t know what it is, they taste so much better.

They also have them in dark chocolate, too!

I’ve been eating these by the handful!! How can you resist?

With the boxes of girl scout cookies that we got and now these bags of candy and some Easter jellybeans, we are all set in the sweets department for awhile!  Anyone else addicted to these?!

1 Kim March 23, 2012 at 8:05 am

Hi Ilene

Autumn here in Aussie Land and 26c degree and loving it … love your blog ilene… my eldest son, Carl, was jogging home and fell into a culvert (drain) and hit his head on rocks and I found him face down in the drain,(he was a triathelete and studying at the Queensland University for his Applied Science Degree in Human Movemennt) was 21 at the time of his death and would now be 24. died on ANZAC day in 2009 … for some reason I wanted to tell you … finding you and your blog has helped me …I LOVE IT … thank you Ilene :)

2 Kim March 23, 2012 at 8:09 am

hehehe …. ilene … I get your stuff in the middle of the night too, just because I’m over here :)

3 ilene March 23, 2012 at 3:38 pm

Hi Kim, thanks for your note. It’s always so encouraging to hear from readers, especially from those around the world! I’m so sorry to hear about the loss of your son, I can only imagine how heartbreaking that is. Please accept my condolences. Sending you some hugs, too.

4 Anonymous March 23, 2012 at 6:20 pm

I eat these by the bag- they last no longer than a few hours once I have my hands on them. Yes- I am addicted to these and happy they come around only once a year otherwise I would be extremely overweight!

5 Deanna (Silly Goose Farm) March 30, 2012 at 8:06 pm

When I was a little duffer, my best friend and I would lick each “egg” and rub them on our lips and the candy shell would leave a little color behind. We thought we were SO cool with our lipstick :)

6 Michelle April 4, 2012 at 5:31 pm

Hello there!!

My friend loves those eggs but can’t find them anywhere, may I ask where you got them from? Do you live in Melbourne?

7 ilene April 6, 2012 at 11:07 am

awww man, I live in San Francisco!! I don’t know if they are available in Australia!

8 Jaimie March 5, 2014 at 5:41 pm

Irene had these at her house once…it was my first time trying and I almost finished the whole jar…don’t tell her! :3