This little bug is now 8 months old! And on the move!! This past month was a big one developmentally for Zoey as she learned to sit up on her own (we woke up one morning and found her just sitting in her crib with a proud/smug look on her face) and a few days later, she learned to crawl. Now she is unstoppable! The girl is just always on the go! Her favorite things to hunt? Not her toys. She loves our iPhones, plastic water bottles, remote controls and vitamin bottles. The kid has so many new toys but her favorite things to go for are ours. She cracks us up! Time to baby proof our place!
*pictures taken at my friend Melissa’s house
Other notables this past month:
- loves snacks, just like her papa. Has become quite a proficient self-feeder, sometimes double fisting cereal puffs into her mouth. We discovered wagon wheels keep her the most occupied at restaurants and yogurt melts are also up there, too.
- was a rockstar on her first international trip – to Mexico! She showed off her new passport and her new swimsuits at Jeff’s work retreat in Cabo San Lucas
- has become quite the water baby. Giggles and shrieks while in her inflatable floatie at the pool.
- had her first taste of commercial baby food – plum organics puree pouches – while we were in Mexico
- declared her love for mama over dada (we have the video footage to prove it!)
- graduated from being bathed in the sink to being bathed in an infant bathtub
- took an impromptu trip to southern California again to hang out with her newborn cousin Rylie and her grandparents
- celebrated Jeff’s first Father’s Day
I want time to stop NOW!! My baby girl is growing up too fast!! I can’t believe she is sitting and crawling already! It won’t be long before she starts walking! Sometimes I look at Zoey and think “how did you get so big!” She doesn’t seem like that itty-bitty baby I brought home from the hospital. Her first birthday is approaching faster than I would like it to and the thought of that makes me sad. Days are passing so quickly and we are being hurled toward toddlerhood so I’m trying to savior these precious moments I have with her as my sweet infant. She’s growing up way too quickly!