Hey friends!! Sorry it’s been slow on this blog lately. I’ve been taking it easy this summer, trying to “unplug” and enjoy my time with Zoey and Jeff. Blogging has taken a back burner and my drive and creativity have pretty much left on vacation, too. The past few months have been spent traveling, searching for the best playgrounds in SF, hosting friends and just being all around lazy. Though I haven’t worked on any creative projects (feel free to unsubscribe), it’s been one pretty awesome summer.
But, I have another Zoey update!! This little pumpkin of mine just turned 10 freaking months old!! How did that happen?! How is she just months away from being a toddler? Why is it that starting in July, Halloween decor started popping up everywhere, constantly reminding me that my little baby’s one year old birthday is rapidly approaching?! Where did the time go?!
Little Zozo is growing up so quickly!! Here are some things that she has been up to lately:
- Learned to pull herself up and now loves to stand by herself. She can free stand without pulling up on anything, too, and she’s quite proud of it, shrieking and clapping to make sure everyone is watching her. We are pretty sure she will be an early walker…and an attention seeker.
- Had to lower her crib mattress two notches now that she pulls herself up against the railing
- Got her first tooth (bottom left). We had a bunch of rough nights there.
- Claps!! Learned to “pai pai so” (Chinese for “clapping”) after watching her friend Margot demonstrate at the park
- Learned to drink from a straw and loves drinking water
- Eats all sorts of pureed fruits and vegetables but mostly loves her snackies- mum mums and cereal puffs
- 17lbs (10%) and 27.5 inches long (40%) at her 9 month well baby checkup
- Have had to baby proof now that she crawls and will pull herself up on everything she can get her little dimpled hands on
- Loves loves loves baby swings!!
- Hair is finally beginning to grow in, but still gets mistaken for a boy on a daily basis. We get lots of comments like “Hey, buddy” and “He’s cute”.
At 10 months:
- Waves at everyone who looks her way (and even at people who don’t look her direction). She is super friendly and social, just like her dada
- Finally was able to spent an entire morning at the church nursery all by herself and let mama enjoy a worship service without getting paged, a big deal around here
- Got her second tooth (bottom right). More sleepless nights ensued.
- Loves climbing up (but still hasn’t figured out how to climb down) the stairs at grandma and grandpa’s house
- Flew down again to LA to hang out with her girl friends Rylie, Charlotte and Noelle.
- Learned to dance. Loves to turn on music and bop up and down. Her favorite move is to “twinkle, twinkle” with her hands, which also looks like she is displaying jazz hands.
- Graduated to size 3 diapers
- Learning to take steps with her walker
- “Ching chings” – Learned how to kiss, simultaneously delighting and repulsing recipients with her open mouth offerings. Also can blow kisses #xoxozozo
- Got her first fever and cold :( which she passed on to her mom
- Loves getting in all sorts of mischief: puts her hand in the toilet and swishes it around, goes straight for shoes by the doorway, threw up 3 times trying to eat a blade of grass…. the list goes on…..
- Loves loves LOVES her lovey, a soft Angel Dear dalmatian puppy we named “GoGo”. We have 4 loveys that we scatter around the house and keep in the car.
- Finally starting to become a better napper. She will take naps longer than 20 minutes now!
- Babbles constantly and has become “a shrieker”
- Starting to point, but only with her left hand. Thinking that she may be a southpaw.
We see more glimpses of Zoey’s personality shining through everyday and its been such a joy getting to know our daughter better. We are humored (and alarmed) as we realize that the words we often use to describe her are usually: spirited, spunky, determined, feisty, curious and “possesses an overexuberance for life”. She keeps us on our toes and keeps us laughing everyday! We love this kid!