….and time needs to stop right now!!! My baby girl is growing up way too fast!!! A lump is forming in my throat as I write this as I realize that we only got one month left of calling her our “baby”. I’m already mourning the end of her infancy. To all of you new mothers out there struggling through long days and even longer nights – it really is true, the first year flies by in a blink of an eye and they will become toddlers before you know it. I barely remember the first months, it was all a blur and I wish I treasured every moment . I remember when Zoey was two months old and in the midst of colic. making it to 11 months seemed so far off. But here I am now, planning her first birthday party and amazed that this sweet little baby girl of mine is growing into a child!
My friend and I sewed this pink smocked romper for Zoey during the weekend of my baby shower, well over a year ago! We made this before we had any idea what my baby was going to look like, when we were still brainstorming her name, before we even had a nursery for her. I remember thinking when I pulled out the romper pattern for a 1 year old that it was so big and that I would have to wait a long time before my baby would be able to fit into it. I finally took it out of her closet and put it on her before the weather turns too cold. She fits into it perfectly now!
11 month milestones:
- Now has FOUR teeth! In addition to her two bottom teeth, the two front top teeth have come in
- Knows two baby signs, both pertaining to eating: She first learned to sign “more” (usually given because she wants more snacks) and will sign “all done” (usually combined with throwing her water bottle off her high chair with a flair)
- Plays peek-a-boo!!! She thinks its hilarious! Instead of me doing all the work, she will pull a blanket over her head and then lower it while giggling and shyly looking back at me
- Rejects pureed baby food. Only wants to self feed with finger food. Sad for me because I now have a whole freezer full of homemade organic pureed veggies and fruits stored in ice cube trays.
- LOVES books. Books no longer are just chew toys to her. Her favorites are the Karen Katz flip books. She will bring a book up to me, grunt and plead with me to with her sweet brown eyes to read them to her. Over and over again. If I don’t immediately start flipping through the pages, the grunting turns into loud demanding screeching
- Does this silly thing where she pretends to pick something small and imaginary off the ground and put it in her mouth (usually causing me to panic as I try to frantically fish out the pretend item). She also finds it hilarious to put the pretend object in our mouths
- Dropped her 3rd nap and is down to two naps during the day
- Melts my heart by saying “mama” when she sees me. Its all worth it when I see her face light up