A year and a half!! This post is a little late (Zoey is actually 19 months old now), but I wanted to document and share how she’s growing so fast! I mourned a lot on this blog when my baby turned 1, but I have to say, I’m really loving this toddler stage. Every day, I see more and more of her fun personality shine through. What a joy it is to see our little Zozo grow into this spunky, silly, quirky, independent little person. She can throw away her own diapers, take off her shoes, tell me what she wants to eat for breakfast, brush her teeth and even pick out clothes to wear. It’s been pretty fun seeing her learn new life skills. The best part about her personality, though, is her emerging sense of humor. She loves to play peek-a-boo at the funniest times and look at me with the most devilish grin when she runs off with things of mine. She cracks her father and I up all the time with the silliest and unexpected things that she does.
One of the most obvious changes is that she has become quite the CHATTERBOX. Girl knows over 150 words already. I keep a growing list of the words that she knows on my phone (I only count the words that she says on her own unprompted) and it seems like every day I am adding to it. Of course most of the words she utters are imperatives because she is quite the bossy one…or animals. She loves her animals. Girl can name most of the animals at the SF Zoo and the sounds they make. Though her favorite words still are: UP!! milk, Elmo, Abby (Cadabby), ALL DONE, bubbles, and NO. “NO” is uttered a gazillion times a day around here and its usually followed with a lot of chasing around the house.
- Weight: 20lbs 5oz(3%), Height: 32 inches (50%), Head size: 45.3cm (20%) at her 18 month checkup
- 16 teeth!
- Can finally wear her hair in pigtails, though she usually tears them out in a matter of minutes
- Got her first pet- a red and blue beta fish named “Fishy”
- Starting to string two words together. Her first sentence was “We’re home!!” She can also say “Come on!” and “Bye bye, Dada! Bye bye, Fishy!”
- Officially down to one nap during the day
- Enrolled in her first dance class, where she quickly took center stage
- Completed 25 flights
- New hobbies: riding her red tricycle, digging in the sand, coloring, climbing stairs, building blocks
- Favorite foods: noodles, rice, grapes, craisins, soup, peas, sweet potato fries, peaches, dumplings, and pizza
Zoey’s been super fun, extra silly and all around a joy to be around. Every day I am amazed at how fast she learns new things. I’m relishing this sweet, sweet stage of her life. Before I know it, my sweet baby girl will be turning TWO!!! And then I will really weep.